Tuition rates are established annually by the State Board for Community Colleges. Current rates can be verified at danville.edu/tuition. DCC has an extensive financial assistance program. Information regarding financial assistance can be found at https://danville.edu/financial-aid
Payment of Tuition and Fees
Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer Session, and Special Session Classes:
- Students enrolling for classes must pay all tuition and fees on the same day that they register (or have sufficient aid to cover tuition and fees in their student account).
- Failure to do so will result in the cancellation of their registration.
- Students who have not paid tuition and fees are not authorized to attend class(es).
Contact the Business Office at 434.797.8418 or visit danville.edu/tuition for the current costs.
Note: Tuition and Fees are subject to change by the State Board for Community Colleges.
As of the Spring 2021 semester, the following tuition and fee rates apply:
||$157.00 per credit hour
||$357.10 per credit hour
|Out-of-State Business Contract Rate*
||$240.50 per credit hour
|E-rate (In-State Residents)**
||$157.00 per credit hour
|E-rate (Out-of-State Residents)**
||$262.50 per credit hour
|Veterans and Dependents of Active Duty Military
||$157.00 per credit hour
|Out-of-State Military Contract Rate
||$180.50 per credit hour
* The business contract rate applies to Virginia employers and federal agencies located in Virginia. It allows the business contract rate to be charged to employers for employees who have an out-of-state domicile. Charges to employers for in-state domiciled employees are at the in-state tuition rate. All mandatory E&G fees apply (including capital fee on those employees with an out-of-state domicile). It is for students who do not qualify for in-state tuition rates and are enrolled in classes provided in a contract between their employers and Danville where the employer pays the students’ tuition directly to the College. The contract rate is only applicable to Virginia employers; any employers that are physically located outside of Virginia and choose to send employees to Danville will be billed at out-of-state tuition rates.
**The e-rate applies to designated online courses.
All students are assessed Mandatory “Non-E&G” fees by the college including, Student Activity, and Maintenance Fees.
Student Activity Fee
The Student Activity Fee is currently $2.00 per credit hour. Monies are used for Student Activities events that may be social, cultural, or educational.
All students enrolled for classes are required to pay a Maintenance Fee of $1.00 per credit hour for enrolled classes. These funds are used to maintain college parking lots.
All out-of-state students are assessed the mandatory “E & G” Capital Fees as applicable.
Students with out-of-state residences are charged $23.50 per credit hour.
The e-rate is applicable to designated distance learning courses delivered entirely over the internet and designated as W in the class section.
Students are responsible for any college property that they damage or lose (such as laboratory or shop equipment, supplies, library books, and materials).
Nonpayment of Tuition & Fees, or Other College Debts
A student’s continued attendance at DCC is dependent upon proper settlement of all debts owed the institution. Transcripts, certificates, diplomas, or degrees will not be issued, nor will students be permitted to complete registration until accounts are cleared satisfactorily with the Business Office (Student Accounts), Bookstore, or Library. Should the student fail to satisfy all due and payable amounts for tuition and fees, college loans, fines, or other debts owed the college, DCC may initiate disciplinary action in accordance with the Code of Student Conduct and Discipline Policy.
Bad Check/Dishonored Payment Fees
DCC assesses a $35 service charge for handling returned checks or dishonored credit card or debit card payments for accounts not in past due collection status, or $50 when the account is in past-due collection status.
23.1-609. Surviving spouses and children of certain individuals; tuition and fee waivers.
- (Effective until January 15, 2018) The surviving spouse and any child between the ages of 16 and 25 of an individual who was killed in the line of duty while employed or serving as a (i) law-enforcement officer, including as a campus police officer appointed under Article 3 (§ 23.1-809 et seq.) of Chapter 8, sworn law-enforcement officer, firefighter, special forest warden pursuant to § 10.1-1135, member of a rescue squad, special agent of the Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control, state correctional, regional or local jail officer, regional jail or jail farm superintendent, sheriff, or deputy sheriff; (ii) member of the Virginia National Guard while serving on official state duty or federal duty under Title 32 of the United States Code; or (iii) member of the Virginia Defense Force while serving on official state duty, and any individual whose spouse was killed in the line of duty while employed or serving in any of such occupations, is entitled to a waiver of undergraduate tuition and mandatory fees at any public institution of higher education under the following conditions:
- The chief executive officer of the deceased individual’s employer certifies that such individual was so employed and was killed in the line of duty while serving or living in the Commonwealth; and
- The surviving spouse or child is admitted to, enrolls at, and attends DCC and applies for the waiver. Waiver recipients who make satisfactory academic progress are eligible for renewal of such waiver.
- Institutions that grant such waivers shall waive the amounts payable for tuition, institutional charges and mandatory educational and auxiliary fees, and books and supplies but shall not waive user fees such as room and board charges.
Certification must be submitted to Admissions/Student Accounts/Cashier so that a determination can be made on the request for waived tuition and fees.
All recipients of Veterans’ benefits must be in an approved curriculum as recognized by the Veterans Administration and must maintain a grade point average of no less than 1.5 after 12 credit hours have been completed, excluding developmental classes. For further information, contact the DCC Financial Aid Office (434.797.8506).