Located in the EIT Building, the DCC bookstore offers a variety of products including books, school supplies, clothing, and computer items. Students can access course material information, including ISBN, prices, and the ability to order online, by visiting dccbookstore.danville.edu.
Financial Aid Bookstore Purchasing Policy
The College Bookstore is authorized to allow students to charge the following materials to their financial aid for 10 days prior to the start of a term until the end of the main drop period. Students may use excess financial aid in the College Bookstore to purchase only required books and supplies for registered courses deemed eligible for financial aid for the term, during the designated charge dates. A course would be deemed ineligible for financial aid if any of the four following circumstances exist:
- The course does not apply to the student’s academic program;
- The course has already been repeated once after having been successfully completed. Successful completion is defined as any grade other than an F, U, R, or W;
- The course is developmental and the student has already attempted 30 or more developmental credits, and/or
- The course is a basic skills class (BSK) that is below the postsecondary level.
The approved dollar amount available per student to charge will vary according to the financial aid award and enrollment.
Additional supplies can include:
- One computer or tablet (authorization required) *see below
- One scientific calculator
- Required tools
- Required uniforms
*Students will receive a Bookstore Authorization form from the Bookstore. One laptop/tablet purchase is allowed with subsequent purchase requests evaluated on a case-by-case basis, such as course requirements stipulating an upgrade is necessary or theft.
There is no refund policy from the Bookstore on laptops or electronic items. Bookstore staff will be happy to advise students on registering their laptop and activating any warranties available. The manufacturer will provide instructions on return, repair or replacement of a defective or damaged laptop within the bounds of the applicable warranty.
Any other electronic item is considered not course related and may not be purchased with financial aid. Other items not approved for purchase with financial aid include but are not limited to apparel, food, cell phones, gift items, and gift/prepaid cards.
During the book purchase period, books and supplies purchased using financial aid cannot be returned to the College Bookstore for cash. Amounts for returned items must be credited back to the financial aid source that paid for the books and supplies on the student’s account.
Book Return Policy
- KEEP YOUR RECEIPT! Under all circumstances a purchase receipt is required for a refund.
- Textbooks may be returned for full refund up until the last day to withdraw with a full tuition refund for each semester as posted in the College’s published semester class listing.
- Any books returned after the date mentioned above will be refunded at a percentage determined by the Bookstore manager, if any.
- In order to receive a refund, books must be in new resalable condition. (No writing, bent, soiled or wrinkled or missing pages, and no water damage).
- Shrink-wrapped books with multiple components cannot be returned with missing pieces.
- Access codes must be sealed and unused. (Exposed codes are assumed to have been used).
- Any software that may have come with the book cannot have been opened.
- Any credits issued will be applied to the same method of payment used when the books were originally purchased. (This applies to purchases made by Pell Grant, Scholarship, or a third-party payer).
- There is no refund from the Bookstore on laptops or electronic items.
*For the full Return and Refund Policy, please refer to the DCC Catalog.
*Note: If for any reason financial aid does not cover the balance charged in the bookstore, the student is therefore responsible for paying that outstanding balance and will not be allowed to register until that debt has been satisfied.
**Students participating in the Department of Education - Second Chance Pell Experimental Initiative are not eligible to make charges against Financial Aid in the DCC Bookstore.