Additional financial assistance might be available for G3 programs. Please contact your advisor or counselor for more information.
Minimum credits: 17
Length: 1 - 2 semesters
Division: Workforce Services
Award: Career Studies Certificate
Plan Code: 221-299-06 CIP Code: 11.0101
Program Coordination: Credits earned in this CSC may be counted towards the IST Software Development A.A.S. degree.
The Career Studies Certificate in Software Development focuses on designing, creating, and maintaining desktop software. All courses transfer into the Associate of Applied Science in Information Systems Technology - Software Development Specialization.
Program Outcomes: Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Implement information technology skills required by software applications.
- Apply methodologies to stay current in IT offerings, trends, & certifications.
- Apply analytical & problem-solving skills for computer system designs, planning, & support.
- Design, code, test, debug, & document software needed for computer system implementation & maintenance.
- Apply current IT industry standards, protocols, & techniques.
- Use instructional applications & material which could lead to industry certifications.
Industry Certifications: Java Foundations, Java SE7 Programmer (1Z0-803).