Additional financial assistance might be available for G3 programs. Please contact your advisor or counselor for more information.
Minimum credits: 34
Length: 2 semesters
Division: Arts, Sciences, & Business
Contact: 434.797.8402 or 434.797.8462
Plan Code: 463 CIP Code: 43.0103
This certificate is designed to meet the short-term training needs of existing law enforcement employees. Graduates of law enforcement training programs may receive advanced standing credit for some requirements.
The Certificate in Law Enforcement is designed to meet the short-term training needs of existing law enforcement employees. Graduates of law enforcement training programs may receive advanced standing credit for some requirements. All coursework transfers into the Associate of Applied Science in Administration of Justice - Law Enforcement Specialization.
Program Outcomes: Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of the following:
- Various sources of crime data (e.g. FBI-based Uniform Crime Reporting system) and analytical skills necessary to evaluate strengths and weaknesses of crime data reporting;
- Functions of the different components of the criminal justice system-police, judiciary, corrections and protective services;
- The need for uncompromising ethical and moral standards;
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent information literacy skills.