Additional financial assistance might be available for G3 programs. Please contact your advisor or counselor for more information.
Minimum credits: 16
Length: 10 weeks
Division: Arts, Sciences, & Business
Contact: 434.797.8462 or 434.797.8402
Award: Career Studies Certificate
Plan Code: 221-157-08 CIP Code: 51.3901
The Career Studies Certificate in Nurse Aide Extended Care prepares students to take the Virginia State Board of Nursing Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) test and also contains additional coursework in first aid and safety, CPR, and medication aide.
Industry Certifications: The program prepare students to take the Virginia State Board of Nursing Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) test.
Program Outcomes: Graduates will demonstrate:
- Knowledge and skills to become a certified nurse aide.
- And identify commonly used medical terminology.
- Knowledge and skills to become certified to perform first aid and CPR.
- Ability to describe how nutrition and diet therapy play a role in an individual’s overall health.
- Ability to describe the use of basic health care principles in a variety of situations.