Additional financial assistance might be available for G3 programs. Please contact your advisor or counselor for more information.
Minimum credits: 66
Length: 5 semesters, full-time
Advanced Welder: $43,980 Job growth: 4% from 2014 to 2024
*Median salaries & job growth nationwide as of 2017. BLS.gov
Division: Workforce Services
Plan Code: 707 CIP Code: 48.0508
The Diploma in Welding is designed to build upon the Certificate in Welding and provide students with additional skills in advanced welding, robotic welding, NC plasma cutting, weld testing procedures and codes, and layout of fabrication skills.
Program Outcomes: Graduates will be able to:
- Be prepared to obtain AWS certifications.
- Program and complete welds using robotic welding processes.
- Complete welding projects using available hydraulic metal shaping equipment.
- Use industry purchasing & billing practices.
- Prepare welded coupons and visual and destructive test for quality.
- Examine basic welding codes and their effect on quality control.