Additional financial assistance might be available for G3 programs. Please contact your advisor or counselor for more information.
Minimum credits: 66
Length: 4 semesters (2 years), if full-time suggested course sequence is followed
Division: Arts, Sciences, & Business
Contact: 434.797.8402 or 434.797.8462
Award: Associate of Applied Science
Plan Code: 298-02 CIP Code: 52.0499
This program provides broad-based knowledge and skills needed in many different types of business settings.
Program Coordination: Students in the Administrative Support Technology - General Office Specialization may also pursue the Career Studies Certificate in Medical Coding. This option adds an additional semester to the student’s curriculum.
Industry Credentials: Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification, Office Proficiency Assessment Certification (OPAC)
The Associate of Applied Science in Administrative Support Technology - General Office Administration Specialization provides broad-based knowledge and skills needed in many different types of business settings. Students in the Administrative Support Technology - General Office Specialization may also pursue the Career Studies Certificate in Medical Coding.
Program Outcomes: Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of various administrative support functions to perform satisfactorily in an office environment.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Key with a level of speed and accuracy acceptable to perform satisfactorily to industry standards.
- Perform mathematical calculations to accurately complete financial and accounting functions used in an office environment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of alphabetic and numeric filing rules to efficiently file and retrieve documents.
- Demonstrate proficiency in using word processing software to accurately format a variety of business correspondence.