Additional financial assistance might be available for G3 programs. Please contact your advisor or counselor for more information.
Minimum credits: 40
Length: 3 semesters, if full-time suggested course sequence is followed
Division: Arts, Sciences, & Business
Contact: 434.797.8402 or 434.797.8462
Plan Code: 293 CIP Code: 52.0499
The Certificate in Office Information Processing is designed for students who are seeking career opportunities in the information processing field. The Certificate in Office Information Processing is part of the career pathway for the Administrative Support Technology program.
Program Coordination: The certificate in Office Information Processing is part of the career pathway for the Administrative Support Technology program. Students completing this certificate will have 40 credits toward the Associate of Applied Science degree in Administrative Support Technology - General Office specialization and are strongly encouraged to complete the associate degree program.
Program Outcomes: Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Demonstrate proficiency in using word processing software to accurately format a variety of business correspondence.
- Perform mathematical calculations to accurately complete financial and accounting functions used in an office environment.
- Key with a level of speed and accuracy acceptable to perform satisfactorily to industry standards.
- Demonstrate knowledge of alphabetic and numeric filing rules to efficiently file and retrieve business correspondence.