Minimum credits: 72
Length: 5 semesters (2 years)
Division: Workforce Services
Plan Code: 964 CIP Code: 10.0301
The Diploma in Graphic Imaging Technology is designed to provide students with training in the various processes of graphics and printing. Courses cover the basics of drawing and illustration, extensive use of iMac computers with the Adobe Creative Suite to prepare original designs and manipulate images, creating 3D package designs, utilizing digital printing equipment to output posters and banners, textile image design with heat transfer and screen printing, and utilizing machinery to produce quality printed products on a wide variety of materials.
Program Outcomes: Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the various processes of graphics reproduction.
- Demonstrate design skills utilizing Adobe software.
- Apply knowledge of the interaction of ink and paper to complete laboratory projects.
- Apply skills to prepare and digitally print multicolor designs.
- Demonstrate technical and skill competencies in the finishing and bindery operations of printed pieces.