Additional financial assistance might be available for G3 programs. Please contact your advisor or counselor for more information.
Minimum credits: 39
Length: 3 semesters
Division: Workforce Services
Plan Code: 995
CIP Code: 48.0508
The Certificate in Welding Technology provides a general foundation in welding, including principles of welding and advanced welding skills, different welding techniques used in industry, workplace safety, and an introduction to expected performance and demand of welders in the industry.
Program Coordination: 5 courses of the Basic Welding and Welding CSCs feed into the certificate. Graduates of the certificate program may complete the Welding Diploma with an additional two semesters.
Program Outcomes: Graduates will be able to:
- Understand and follow industry safety practices.
- Display manipulative skills with various welding processes to assure adequate weld integrity and appearance.
- Weld in flat vertical and horizontal positions using the SMAW, GMAW, GTAW processes.
- Cut metals using the oxyfuel and plasma arc cutting process.
- Be capable of entering an entry-level welding position with possibility of advancement.