Additional financial assistance might be available for G3 programs. Please contact your advisor or counselor for more information.
Minimum credits: 65
Length: 2 years
Division: Workforce Services
Award: Associate of Applied Science
Plan Code: 299-03 CIP Code: 11.0101
The Certificate in Cyber Security is designed for individuals with prior work and/or educational experience relevant to the field. This program provides comprehensive knowledge and extensive hands-on training in the implementation, management, and development of security measures to protect IT resources from unauthorized access or attack. Courses are aligned with DHS and NSA curriculum standards.
Program Coordination: Credits earned in the Network Technology and Networking Technology Fundamentals CSC may count towards the requirements of this degree.
- Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician (CCENT)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) Networking & Server
- CompTIA A+ Hardware & Software
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Windows Server
- VMware Certified Associate (VCA)
The Associate of Applied Science in Information Systems Technology Network Engineer emphasizes designing, creating, and maintaining local area networks and wide area networks, and includes topics in software management, voice telephony services, switches, firewalls, routers, servers, workstations, and virtualization technologies.
Program Outcomes: Graduates will be able to:
- Implement information technology skills required by software applications.
- Apply methodologies to stay current in IT offerings, trends, and certifications.
- Apply analytical and problem solving skills for computer system designs, planning, and support.
- Design, code, test, debug, and document software needed for computer system implementation and maintenance.
- Apply current IT industry standards, protocols, and techniques.
- Use instructional applications and material which could lead to industry certifications.