Additional financial assistance might be available for G3 programs. Please contact your advisor or counselor for more information.
Minimum credits: 28
Length: 1 year
Graduates would be expected to continue to further their education and pursue the Precision Machining Diploma
Division: Workforce Services
Award: Career Studies Certificate
Plan Code: 221-883-10 CIP Code: 15.0699
The Career Studies Certificate in Machining Skills is designed to develop a general foundation in precision machining trades with an emphasis on manual lathe, mill, and CNC lathe.
Completers will have entry level skills in the following occupational areas: Manual Lathe Machinist, Manual Mill Machinist, CNC Lathe Operator, CNC Mill Operator.
Occupational Objective: Graduates of this program will have:
- Basic occupational skills for the Precision Machining professions.
- Basic skills and understanding of manual lathe and mill systems and terminology.
- Basic skills and understanding of CNC Lathe systems and terminology.
- Knowledge of safety requirements for machining trade occupations.
- Occupational preparation skills for employment.
Industrial Credentials: Students will have an opportunity to earn:
- NIMS Measurement, Material, and Safety
- NIMS Turning Operations
Admission Requirements: Entry into this curriculum may be attained by meeting the general admission requirements established for the College.
Program Description: The program is designed to develop a general foundation in Precision Machining trades with an emphasis on manual lathe, mill, and CNC lathe.
Feeder Program: This certificate feeds into Precision Machining Technology, and Integrated Machining Technology. Instructional Delivery: Instruction is delivered thru traditional classroom along with a heavy emphasis on lab projects.
Program Outcomes: Graduates of the Machining Skills Certificate will be able to:
- Understand precision machining tools, terminology, and systems.
- Interpret blueprints, drawings, and symbols.
- Use various measuring tools and equipment.
- Know and apply safety requirements for machining trades.
Program Requirements: To be awarded a Career Studies Certificate the student must complete all requirements and successfully complete the program as follows: